The programme is open, but a B1 level in English is required for admission to the first year, and B2 for the second year.
Graduates of class L-25 (Agricultural sciences and technologies), as well as the corresponding class pursuant to Ministerial Decree 509/99, may access the programme if they have earned at least 30 credits in the following academic fields: BIO/01 - General botany BIO/02 - Systematic botany BIO/03 - Environmental and applied botany BIO/04 - Plant physiology BIO/05 Zoology BIO/13 Applied biology CHIM/03 - General and inorganic chemistry CHIM/06 - Organic chemistry FIS/01 to FIS/07 MAT/01 to MAT/09 INF/01 Computer science ING-INF/05 - Data processing systems SECS-S/01 Statistics.
Graduates from classes other than class L-25, who have earned at least 60 credits in the following academic fields, may also access the programme:
AGR/01 - Economy and rural appraisal, AGR/02 - Agronomy and herbaceous crops, AGR/03 - General arboriculture, AGR/04 - Horticulture and floriculture, AGR/05 - Forest management and forestry, AGR/07 - Agricultural genetics, AGR/08 - Agricultural hydraulics, AGR/09 - Agricultural mechanics, AGR/10 - Rural constructions and agro-forestry territory, AGR/11 - General and applied entomology, AGR/12 - Plant pathology, AGR/13 - Agricultural chemistry, AGR/14 - Pedology, AGR/15 - Food science and technology, AGR/16 - Agricultural microbiology, BIO/07 - Ecology, BIO/18 - Genetics, BIO/19 - General microbiology, CHIM/01 - Analytical chemistry, CHIM/12 - Environmental and cultural heritage chemistry, GEO/02 - Stratigraphic and sedimentological geology, GEO/04 - Physical geography and geomorphology, GEO/06 - Mineralogy, GEO/07 - Petrology and petrography, ICAR/06 - Topography and cartography, ICAR/15 - Landscape architecture, IUS/03 - Agricultural law, IUS/14 - European Union law, SECS-P/08 - Economics and business management.
Proficiency in English at a B1 level or higher, under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), is required for admission.
The B1-level requirement will be ascertained by the University Language Centre (SLAM) upon admission as follows:
- Language certificate obtained no more than 3 years prior to submission, of B1 or higher (for the list of language certificates recognized by the University, see the website: https://www.unimi.it/en/node/39267/). The certificate must be uploaded when submitting the online application;
- English level achieved during a Bachelor's degree programme through SLAM courses and tests. The test must have been passed within the last four years. It will be assessed by our offices, without the applicant having to attach any certificates;
- Placement test, delivered by SLAM https://www.unimi.it/en/node/39267/
All those who fail to submit a valid certificate or do not meet the required proficiency level will be invited to take the test through the admission procedure.
Candidates who do not sit or pass the placement test will have until 31 December 2022 to obtain and submit a recognized certificate to SLAM.
Students who do not meet the requirement by 31 December will not be admitted to the Master's degree programme and may not sit further tests.
During application assessment, an admission board will evaluate the curricular requirements of the candidates and, if necessary, may ask for further documents.
The board may also highlight any shortcomings to be filled before the admission interview that will be held on the following dates:
- 23 September 2022, 2.00 pm;
- 12 January 2023, 2.00 pm.
The interviews will take place via videoconference. Connection details will be notified to the candidates within one week of the interview date.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts